5.2.06

thwarted and bushwhacked

I

didn't cover that much mileage this week, due to the workday from hell on Thursday and subsequently coming down with a nasty bug. On Thursday, I hosted the first annual Job Shadow Day for our youth and teens, and the respose was incredible! Seventeen kids got the opportunity to shadow the job of their choice, and the selection was awesome. One of the teens got to sit in on a video teleconference with Donald Rumsfeld, and three of the preteens got a tour of Air Force Two, as well as getting to meet President and Mrs. Bush (this wasn't planned, but was a lucky coincidence--the helicopter landed right as the youth were finishing their tour).
Regardless of whether you support the administration's policies or not, it was unequivocally an awesome and exciting experience for the kids. I know that I've complained in the past about the DC area, but living here definitely has its perks. The event made for a long day for me, and I unfortunately woke up Friday with a startling inability to breathe without blowing my nose every two seconds. The evidence about exercising while sick is conflicted--but I didn't want to take a chance, so I took it easy. Here's the stats:

Days Running: twenty-two
Peak Weight: 222 lbs./100.7 kg
Current Weight: 220.5 lbs./100.02 kg
Miles This Week: four and 7/10
Total Miles: seventeen and 8/10

posted by amanda @ 12:24 PM

3 Comments:

At 2/05/2006 04:32:00 PM, Blogger Jackie said...

down a couple pounds! good for you!

 
At 2/05/2006 08:37:00 PM, Blogger Minerva said...

Well done Amanda....

i am impressed!

Minerva

 
At 2/08/2006 10:45:00 AM, Blogger Natalie said...

Hope you are feeling better!

 

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: NC
Contact Me


Blogs of Note



Other Great Reads

Reviews



Powered by Blogger
Design by Beccary
Support by Hope IT Works







Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons 2.5 License.