11.2.06

meme is the new black

Y

es, I know, memes are the bane of the blogosphere. But this one (stolen from mipmup) struck me as particularly interesting. And Lucinda, Miss Ann Thrope, and Dooce have all done them lately, which leads me to believe that meme-stigma might be fading. So here goes:

10 Years Ago...
I was fifteen and a sophomore in high school. I had just met Eric and we were becoming good friends. Still in the awkward phase though (although who isn't when they're fifteen?)

Five Years Ago...
Junior year of college. Living in a basement apartment in Pittsburgh with three roommates and one of their boyfriends, who was there all the freakin' time, so he sort of counted as a fourth roommate.

One Year Ago...
Working as a govt. peon intern (of the non-Monica Lewinsky variety) in fabulous Hawaii. Eric and I were still in the newlywed phase. It was awesome.

Yesterday...
I was at work. It was crazy. One of the little girls calls me "Pickle-head" for no apparent reason (but she is so damn cute that I really don't mind).

Today...
According to the newscasters, the DC area is getting "The Snowstorm of the Century!!!" I went to the mall this morning for a haircut and got a new book off the bargain rack (I am a total book-store geek). Stayed in, watched the snow, read my new book ("Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim," by David Sedaris), called family, and cooked broccoli soup-from-scratch for dinner. Yes, I'm boring.

Tomorrow...
Digging out, and going for breakfast with Eric. Also, we're going to the craft/hobby store. I'm looking for another endeavor to take up. Karen has me inspired with her recent posts on knitting and crocheting.

Five Snacks I Enjoy...
Anything salty...nuts, corn chips and salsa, veggies and dip, stovetop popcorn, and salt and vinegar chips.

Five Bands Whose Songs I Know Most of the Lyrics To...
Green Day, The Beatles, and non-band musicians, Madonna, Fiona Apple, and Neil Young (although some of my favorites are from when he was with Crazy Horse).

Five Things I Would Do With $100m...
Anonymously donate to a whole slew of charities. Help my family. Buy back our family farm, and turn it into a family summer home/"gentleman's farm" with a few animals for fun. Buy a small farm and a home on the Big Island, and a condo on Oahu.
Travel.

Five Locations I'd Like to Run Away To...
Hawai'i. Alaska. Australia. the Galapagos. Samoa.

Five Bad Habits I Have...
Procrastination, being late, being irreverent, eating when I'm stressed, and not being the best at choosing my battles sometime.

Five Things I Like Doing...
Blogging, writing, reading, cooking, and running.

Five Things I Would Never Wear...
Fur, shoulder pads, tapered-leg jeans, anything pink, and high heels.

Five TV Shows I Like...
The Daily Show, Miami Ink, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Spongebob Squarepants, and Paula Deen's Home Cookin'.

Five Movies I Like...
Kill Bill 1. Kill Bill 2. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Dogma. Monty Python and the Holy Grail. and (bonus) Silence of the Lambs.

Five Famous People I'd Like to Meet...
I met some once and wasn't impressed. Henceforth, I am satisfied with how I imagine they would be if I met them, instead of actually meeting them.

Five Biggest Joys at the Moment...
Eric, Makoa, Ku'uipo, my brother Andy's sense of humor, and the fact that everything is OK.

Five Favorite Toys...
My old, plugging-away computer, the CD player in my car, and my phone. We splurged and got each other RAZRs for Xmas. They were totally worth the price.

Consider Yourself Tagged...

posted by amanda @ 9:03 PM

2 Comments:

At 2/13/2006 09:10:00 PM, Blogger Suburban Turmoil said...

Ha ha. Of course, memes are in. And you included me in a threesome with Miss Ann and Dooce? Hot!

 
At 2/14/2006 07:02:00 AM, Blogger Karen Bodkin said...

Ha ha ha! I love that I've inspired you with my knitting that I don't know how to do! Too funny!!

Oh and memes will be out again soon. You watch!

 

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: NC
Contact Me


Blogs of Note



Other Great Reads

Reviews



Powered by Blogger
Design by Beccary
Support by Hope IT Works







Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons 2.5 License.