10.2.06

community

B

logging about cancer has played an important role in helping Eric and I deal with his relapse of leukemia. Writing here has allowed me to vent frustrations, share our bone marrow transplant experience, and receive support when we were feeling low. This blog has also introduced me to a wonderful community of people who have also been touched by cancer in one way or another. The writers of cancer blogs are incredibly giving souls who are sharing their stories in the hopes that it may provide some comfort (and a realistic point of view) to the newly-diagnosed and their loved ones. This online community is comprised of amazing and inspiring individuals.

The cancer-blogging phenomenon is a fairly new one, with many of the most popular blogs emerging within the past eighteen months. While there are more patients, caregivers, and loved ones choosing to share their experiences in this format every day, there is no definitive guide to cancer bloggers. With this in mind, I have created a webring for cancer bloggers. "The cancer ring" is an open community for anyone who has been affected by this disease.

To submit your site to the ring, please check out the "rings" category in the sidebar. All submissions will be approved by me before addition to the ring. Spam blogger, ad blogger, or blogger about astrology? Don't bother.

I welcome all of my fellow cancer bloggers to be part of this community.

posted by amanda @ 12:42 AM

5 Comments:

At 2/10/2006 02:59:00 PM, Blogger Karen said...

Hi, Amanda! I wanted to thank you for stopping by my blog the other day (The Adventures of Cancer Girl), for leaving the kind comment, and for adding the link to my blog. I plan to add your link to my blog as well! I read all of your entries, and I was absolutely blown away by your story, your wisdom, courage, humor, and honesty. I will continue to read!

Karen

 
At 2/11/2006 04:53:00 PM, Blogger Karen said...

Hey, Amanda. Just stopped back to thank you for the link on BlogHer! I also forgot to mention to you in my last post that my husband and I also lost one of our kitties to FIP about four years ago. Back then, we thought that was the most horrible thing that could (or would) ever happen to us .... I guess not.

Take care!

Karen

 
At 2/11/2006 08:52:00 PM, Blogger carmilevy said...

Congratulations and thanks have to go out to you for making this fledgling community work as well as it does. It is through your efforts that other families who go through this have an outlet to share, listen, and seek and provide support.

It makes all the difference in the world.

 
At 2/13/2006 06:51:00 PM, Blogger Minerva said...

What a great idea Amanda....
Erm...my blog is all about astrology - is that ok? *wink*

Minerva

 
At 2/13/2006 09:21:00 PM, Blogger Suburban Turmoil said...

What an awesome idea. I'm certain you will help so many people out there find some moral support with this web ring!

 

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: NC
Contact Me


Blogs of Note



Other Great Reads

Reviews



Powered by Blogger
Design by Beccary
Support by Hope IT Works







Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons 2.5 License.