22.1.06

weekly update #1...

O

therwise known as "how the hell did I get this out-of-shape?"

I'm done with my first week of training for the marathon, and let me tell ya, I'm gonna need all 12 months to get ready for this.

Stats for this week are:

Days Running: eight
Peak Weight: 222 lbs./100.7 kg
Current Weight: 220 lbs./99.8 kg
Miles This Week: seven and 2/10
Total Miles: seven and 2/10

Also, if you have anything to say about cancer, please consider contributing to Real Cancer, Real Lives! The next carnival will be hosted by the wonderful Minerva on 29 Jan. This is a great project that introduced me to a lot of talented bloggers--check out the archives to read past editions.

posted by amanda @ 3:36 PM

5 Comments:

At 1/22/2006 08:59:00 PM, Blogger Joe said...

Good luck with the marathon!

Here via Michele.

 
At 1/22/2006 09:08:00 PM, Blogger carmilevy said...

The journey of 26 and some miles begins with...lots of training.

Glad to see you're off and running, so to speak. More importantly, I wanted to congratulate you on your being selected to pen the H&W column for the new e-zine.

If there's anything I can do to help you get things off the ground, please let me know (I'm a columnist with our city's daily paper, so I'm all too used to the writing grind...)

 
At 1/22/2006 09:12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best of luck with the marathon - I'm so out of shape I couldn't run around my house without needing a breather! I'm really glad you have this weblog going though, I've lost nearly every single one of my relatives to one form of cancer or another (great grandmother, great grandfather, 3 aunts, 1 cousin, and my brother). Keep up the great work here.

 
At 1/22/2006 09:13:00 PM, Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Isn't it wonderful that there is a 'network' of cancer patients and survivors who are finding each other through the Blogesphere...I love reading Minerva because I find her journey so heartfelt and inspiring...and I know it is not an easy road...And I'm glad to meet you and all thanks to Michele who sent me here tonight!
Good Luck with all that you are doing!!!

 
At 1/22/2006 09:16:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey thanks for visiting my blog tonight. You're training to run a marathon? Awesome! I did one a year and a half ago and it was one of the greatest days of my life. When I first started training, I couldn't even run a mile without stopping. You'll be amazed at what your body can progress to. Best of luck!

 

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: NC
Contact Me


Blogs of Note



Other Great Reads

Reviews



Powered by Blogger
Design by Beccary
Support by Hope IT Works







Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons 2.5 License.