29.1.06

this isn't the way this is supposed to work...

O

K, I've completed week two in my yearlong running assignment...and according to the scale, I managed to gain back the two pounds that I lost during the first week. I've never had the best of luck with weight control...I'm one of those people who can walk by a bakery and put weight on, but this is the first time that I've heard of someone gaining weight while running 4 or 5 days a week. Maybe it's sexy muscle on my legs.

The good news is that I found a training plan that seems quite realistic. I've been getting a lot of conflicting advice on running, as well as some that seems questionable--including training seven days a week and taking lot of supplements (eating that highly-processed, chemical-laden stuff just doesn't seem all that healthy to me). Finding a definitive training plan that's designed for a novice AND takes into account that some people just can't work out seven days a week, 365 days a year, has been a relief. As I'm entirely new to this, any advice is welcomed.

So here's the numbers for the week:


Days Running: fifteen
Peak Weight: 222 lbs./100.7 kg
Current Weight: 222 lbs./100.7 kg
Miles This Week: five and 9/10
Total Miles: thirteen and 1/10

posted by amanda @ 2:08 PM

2 Comments:

At 1/29/2006 09:00:00 PM, Blogger carmilevy said...

It's perfectly normal for our weight to fluctuate a few pounds either way on any given day. It's the long-term trends that matter more than the day-to-day ones.

What matters is that you're getting out there. Everything else will follow in due time.

 
At 1/30/2006 03:47:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the training page. I think that training 3-5 days a week is a good goal. I’d stick with 3-4 days to begin with, however. Build up. Don’t go for the processed stuff. I agree with you. It just doesn’t seem healthy to me. Try and get most of your vitamins etc. through your food, but do take a vitamin supplement.

As far as weight goes, I’m guessing that a good part of that is muscle. Since you are gaining muscle, my advice is to only weigh yourself once a month and focus on how your clothes feel on you. Weight really isn’t a good indicator of how you are doing. I’m loosing right now, but I know that as soon as I start weight training again, my weight loss will slow down, but I’ll be shrinking, so I’ll probably go from weighing myself once a week to once a month.

 

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: NC
Contact Me


Blogs of Note



Other Great Reads

Reviews



Powered by Blogger
Design by Beccary
Support by Hope IT Works







Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons 2.5 License.