13.1.06

reminder

T

oday was a beautiful, gorgeous day in the d.c. area. The air was warm, the sky was blue, and the sunbeams beat down everything in their path.

Highly unusual for the middle of January, but hey, I'll take it.

The weather made me downright giddy today. Driving to work with my windows down and Israel Kamakawiwo'ole crooning from the stereo, I had a goofy grin affixed to my face for the better part of the day. Nothing could get me down.

Today, I realized that I was utterly, joyously happy for no good reason at all...and I also realized that it's been a long time since I'd felt that way. Hubby is doing great. In fact, this week was the first week since the transplant that he didn't need to receive any blood products whatsoever. We have so much to be thankful for right now--and we're both learning to let go of the apprehension and anger to make room for joy.

And then, to cap off my day, I came home and found the best blonde joke ever. Before anyone gets up in arms, let me say that I harbor no ill will against the fair-haired; in fact, I bleached my own out during the transplant because I figured that I'd never been blonde before and now was as good a time as any. It took me a while to get the joke, but when I did...let's just say that it's the first thing that made me genuinely laugh out loud from the internet in a while.

Here's hoping that the happiness and laughter spread...

What are the little things that make you giddy with joy?

posted by amanda @ 1:12 AM

11 Comments:

At 1/13/2006 09:38:00 AM, Blogger Melanie said...

My kids laughing while playing together generally gives me quite the grin. Also catching the hubby snoozing on the couch with three boys snoozing all around him can do just the same. Nice to see yor Blog! Michele sent me.

 
At 1/13/2006 03:35:00 PM, Blogger Minerva said...

So utterly silly and it did make me LAUGH!!

Thank you Amanda... Days that make me smile? Loud music, long hair, convertible does it for me...

Minerva

 
At 1/13/2006 09:12:00 PM, Blogger Lazy Daisy said...

Silly songs, warm memories, good book, hot cup of tea....I'm glad you had a really good day, Michele sent me

 
At 1/13/2006 09:13:00 PM, Blogger WendyWings said...

I am blonde it only took me a couple of minutes to get it LOL
Todays silly giddy with joy thing for me was finding Pringles on sale ( I needed lots of them lol)

 
At 1/13/2006 09:13:00 PM, Blogger Karen said...

Hi Amanda! Gosh, I wish your hubby the very best in health in '06. He's so lucky to have you. It's ironic that I stumbled across you today because I just signed up to do some volunteer gigs for our local Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. This dreaded disease has touched my life twice and I want to help get rid of it!

Greetings from Wisconsin!

 
At 1/13/2006 09:14:00 PM, Blogger WendyWings said...

oops forgot to say it, Michele sent me.

 
At 1/13/2006 09:32:00 PM, Blogger carmilevy said...

Reading inspirational words like yours.

I gave plasma at the blood donation clinic this morning. I go every Friday because it helps reaffirm to me that there is so much good in the world.

Your blog accomplishes this as well.

 
At 1/13/2006 09:32:00 PM, Blogger The Gnat's Trumpet said...

Hi, Michele sent me. I've also seen you in the comments at Minerva's quite often. I like the new look (I read your review, you got resmacked in the post when they reviewed me). I love that Blonde joke.

Here's wishing you and your husband the best in the coming year.

 
At 1/13/2006 10:34:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I love the sound of children giggling. It is a smile I can't wipe off my face for a very long time.

Is there anything better than driving on a sunny day with the crisp breeze blowing through your hair and hearing Is sing Over the Rainbow? How can that not make you happy? (Heck, I'm just thankful for having hair that is now once again long enough to move in the breeze -- not much, but it does move!)

 
At 1/15/2006 01:12:00 PM, Blogger Karen Bodkin said...

Big sloppy wet kisses from any member of my family. Even Ruffy.

I'm glad you had a great day ~ I hope you have ten million more.

 
At 1/15/2006 08:56:00 PM, Blogger kontan said...

sunshine and the beach.

btw, here from micheles

 

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: NC
Contact Me


Blogs of Note



Other Great Reads

Reviews



Powered by Blogger
Design by Beccary
Support by Hope IT Works







Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons 2.5 License.