3.1.06

a new look!

in the name of creating a quality blog, i recently submitted my url to several blog-reviewing sites. yesterday, i was lucky enough to get this site inspected at i talk too much, a site that is well-known for mercilessly ripping bad blogs to shreds. and i got a good review!! the content got four out of five smacks, and overall i got three out of five smacks.

my critic raised an important point, though (the one that cost me the score of four overall smacks)...the small text size and white-text-on-black-background of my previous template made the site difficult to read. this was something i had never thought about--when i go about picking a look to match the words, i was looking for something simple, darker in tone, and elegant. after talking with a few of my friends, they confirmed the opinion of my i talk too much critic.

so, please let me know what you think of the new template. font size is larger, text background is lighter grey, and hopefully i won't be making you all go blind anymore...

posted by amanda @ 6:50 PM

13 Comments:

At 1/03/2006 08:49:00 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

I love the new template - it is easier to read (though, I didn't have problems with the old style). I like the graphics... did you do them yourself?

 
At 1/03/2006 09:09:00 PM, Blogger amanda said...

no, i've been fiddling around with web graphics, but i'm not good enough to do a site yet. i got the template at beccary.com. she has a few others too, all are pretty cool.

 
At 1/03/2006 10:03:00 PM, Blogger Trée said...

Very nice site. So good to see another blogger in the fight against cancer. Keep it coming, you are fighting the good fight.

 
At 1/03/2006 10:55:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Love it, Amanda. It is soothing yet stylish! Great job!

 
At 1/04/2006 03:49:00 AM, Blogger Kathy said...

This is SO much prettier! REally! MUCH better! And hey; have you noticed; when you put your Fight Cancer badge up, it was at 58; now it is 70! Yeah! (you have NO IDEA who I am. Don't worry. :))

 
At 1/04/2006 10:22:00 AM, Blogger Trée said...

Welcome to the team Amanda! I have a welcome post up for you on my site so our mates know you've joined. We are very excited to have you onboard. :-)

 
At 1/04/2006 11:34:00 AM, Blogger Jackie said...

The new template is much better! I no longer have to highlite the words to be able to read them, lol.

I think I might go check out that template site myself....

 
At 1/04/2006 12:28:00 PM, Blogger Minerva said...

How WONDERFUL!!
This looks SO much better and it is individual too...

Great job girl!

Minerva

 
At 1/05/2006 08:30:00 AM, Blogger amanda said...

Jackie,

Some other places I looked for free templates, just in case you're looking:

blogger-templates.blogspot.com
(my old template, "Folio" came from this site...I think that they make really simple, classy-looking templates, although the default font size they use is small)

blogskins.com (a lot of these are graphics oriented with a teeny-tiny textbox...but there are good ones if you are willing to take the time to look. The sheer volume of skins here is amazing!)

http://blog-templates.ravasthi.name/
I love a lot of these designs...kind of nature-y, not overly complicated design.

Hope this helps.

 
At 1/05/2006 06:22:00 PM, Blogger Jackie said...

Wow! Thanks Amanda! I apreciate you taking the time to share those sites with me.

 
At 1/05/2006 10:47:00 PM, Blogger annie said...

This REALLY looks nice! SO much pleasanter to read the type.
It still has a sedate, yet elegant look. Good for you!

 
At 1/05/2006 10:49:00 PM, Blogger annie said...

"Pleasanter"?
More pleasant, maybe, ha-ha!

 
At 1/05/2006 11:56:00 PM, Blogger amanda said...

Thank you everyone (especially to beccary who designed the template.)

I appreciate all of the feedback!

 

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: NC
Contact Me


Blogs of Note



Other Great Reads

Reviews



Powered by Blogger
Design by Beccary
Support by Hope IT Works







Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons 2.5 License.