10.1.06

faux everything

G

ram is going for her second chemotherapy treatment tomorrow. She is receiving cytoxan and two other medications that I'm not familiar with. She dealt with her first treatment well enough (even though it occurred right before X-mas), although hopefully, the cumulative effects of the treatments won't knock too much wind out of her sails. I think that the toughest part for Gram is that her appearance has been greatly affected--her hair is already gone (even I was shocked at how quickly this occurred) and lymphedema is causing her right arm to swell to unrecognizable proportions. She bought some saucy new wigs and some hats from TLC, a subsidiary of the American Cancer Society who specializes in products for breast cancer patients. The effort to combine everything that a patient might need into one catalog (and keep it all affordable) is greatly appreciated, so please check them out if you or someone you know is in the market for a wig or similar equipment...

Also, it's National De-Lurking Week, and there are a lot more hits to this site each day than there are commenters. So please speak up and make yourself known!!

Delurk, Dammit!

posted by amanda @ 8:54 AM

5 Comments:

At 1/10/2006 11:43:00 AM, Blogger Minerva said...

Darling Amanda,
Thank you for your comments on the other site...you know where I mean..They were much appreciated..

Minerva

 
At 1/10/2006 06:29:00 PM, Blogger amanda said...

No worries, Minerva, I would have left them earlier but my computer at work blocks commenting pop-ups. Seems the govt. thinks that they're a security threat or something. :)

 
At 1/10/2006 06:58:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Am I a lurker if you know by other means that I read your site? Thanks for your wonderful posts. I've already kiped a few things you've written on lately. You'll find I do that a lot.
Trish

 
At 1/10/2006 07:57:00 PM, Blogger Jackie said...

Not a lurker, although I don't comment as much as I read.

So I checked out that TLC site, and there is some nice things there. I almost want to get me a hat, although I'm pretty sure that I would look reduculous! lol

prayers for your Gram, she's lucky to have someone like you in her life. Do you live closer to her now?

 
At 1/10/2006 08:26:00 PM, Blogger amanda said...

No worries, Trish, I'm flattered that you included my article in your blog.

And Jackie, I live about 3.5 hours' drive away now...a LOT closer than I used to, but still not close enough to take care of her as I would like to...

 

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: NC
Contact Me


Blogs of Note



Other Great Reads

Reviews



Powered by Blogger
Design by Beccary
Support by Hope IT Works







Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons 2.5 License.