31.12.05

in the name of new beginnings

later on tonight, hubby and i will be attending a new year's bash with our dear old friends from high school. this is a somewhat regular occurrence as our group always tries to make even the routine get-togethers as festive as possible.

however, this won't be the typical new year's party, for 2005 hasn't been a typical year. no, instead of dick clark and the ball in times sqaure, instead of the old man making way for the brightly smiling babe of 2006, we are going to have fire. a bright, hot, cleansing fire--with 2005 calendars as fuel. the theme for tonight, my friends, is "say goodbye to a shitty year." while we watch the paper slowly return to ash and dust, the many doctors' appointments, hospital stays, tears, and frustrations of 2005 shall dissolve from our minds and hearts. we will start 2006 with renewed strength and determination. this is the year that the world becomes ours. this is the year that we shall beat cancer.

happy new years to you all, and i will burn a calendar for each of you...

posted by amanda @ 7:52 PM

4 Comments:

At 12/31/2005 09:21:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Happy New Year, Amanda. You both deserve a fresh start. I'll be thinking of you and wishing I had a fireplace to burn mine along with you.

 
At 1/01/2006 02:06:00 PM, Blogger Val said...

I smiled all night last night thinking of your calendar burning... and smiled even more when I thought of one of them being a goodbye to my own year. :) Thanks.

Here's to a year of good times, good memories, and good news for us all.

Val

 
At 1/06/2006 08:06:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

May you all have a cancer ass-kicking year!

I wish you both health, prosperity, fun, and a peace-filled 2006!

I like your spirit and think that 2006 is going to be a good year for me. Burn one of those calendars for moi.

 
At 1/07/2006 09:01:00 PM, Blogger Minerva said...

What a GREAT idea...You know what? Even this late into the New Year, I am going to find my own and burn it with delight...

Thanks Amanda..

Minerva

 

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: NC
Contact Me


Blogs of Note



Other Great Reads

Reviews



Powered by Blogger
Design by Beccary
Support by Hope IT Works







Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons 2.5 License.